BYU has been designated as a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security Agency (NSA) since 2012. Graduates of the Cybersecurity, B.S. program receive a certificate indicating that they have graduated from a CAE-CD program upon completion of their degree. Many government agencies and companies look for students coming out of CAE-CD programs due to their excellence.
If you have any questions related to the CAE-CD program, please contact the Derek Hansen (email@example.com 801-422-7467) who serves as the Point of Contact for the CAE.
- Ben Cotton, Vice President for Incident Response, eSentire
- Charles Smutz, Cybersecurity Researcher, Sandia National Labs
- Adam Marrè, CISO, Arctic Wolf
- Todd Berrett, Senior Director, BYU Office of IT
- Matthew Smith, Senior Technical and Strategic Advisor, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Hyrum Mills, Director of Cybersecurity, Northrop Grumman
- Adam Baker, SOC Director, LDS Church Education System
- Wayne Varga, Director of Security Services, SD7 Technology Group
- Roger Timmerman, CEO, Utopia Fiber
- Scott Robinson, Manager, National Partners, Splunk